- How to format Android
- Phone formatting methods
- How to format an Android phone using OS cleaning
- Quick code for formatting Android
- How to format a memory card on your phone
- Precautions before formatting Android
- How to format an Android phone through a computer
- Video: how to completely format Android to factory settings
- Preparing to clean the device
- Several ways to delete data
Any phone during operation accumulates deviations in algorithms and errors. Over time, there are so many failures that it becomes very difficult to work with the device. In this case, effective and simple solution will become the formatting of the mobile device.
How to format Android
Formatting a phone is cleaning its memory and resetting it to the factory settings. After such an operation, the owner receives the device with absolutely no information, as if brought from the manufacturer. The only difference from the new smartphone is saved personal data, photos and music. How can I format my phone on Android OS? It is not difficult to carry out general cleaning in the smartphone. When the mobile phone is slow, freezes or starts to turn on and off spontaneously, then it is time to format it.
Phone formatting methods
It should be remembered that interference with the operation of any equipment is a personal decision of the user, for the consequences of which he will be responsible for himself. If you are not sure that you know exactly how to format the phone through a computer or in any other way, then it is better to entrust memory cleaning to a professional. Now reset the settings of the mobile device on the Android platform is easy in the following ways :
How to format an Android phone using OS cleaning
Before you begin the cleaning process, you need to create a backup on which all the necessary information will be saved. The procedure is simple: copy the data to a USB flash drive or other external media. Then the device with the information must be removed, because the cleaning can touch it. So, how to format the phone on Android base if a failure occurred:
- Create a backup of the OS. Then go to “Settings” - “Privacy” - “Reset”. You will then be asked to confirm the action. You should understand that after clicking a button all folders, data, files and applications will be deleted.
- After pressing the reset window will open. It will be a warning about the removal of all information.
- If the data is not saved, at this stage you can still cancel the operation and save the necessary files. After that, you can go back to performing the formatting.
Sometimes the device behaves so inadequately that it does not turn on at all. In this case, simultaneously press the volume control (position up) and the off button. A robot will appear on the screen, opening access to the menu. Here select the function “Wipe data / factory reset”. In this mode, all operations should be performed using the volume key. Perform the desired action with the button "Home" or "lock / unlock". After formatting, the smartphone will freeze for a while. Wait a moment: the device will reboot and the factory settings will be restored.
Quick code for formatting Android
Overhaul mobile device consists in the introduction of unique codes developed for each model. How can I format the phone with their help? To take advantage secret code , you need to open the dialing line in your device, then enter the combination of numbers. As soon as it is entered, the smartphone will automatically be formatted to the factory settings. If this does not happen, it means that your phone does not support this code. The combination of numbers for the main models of smartphones:
- Samsung galaxy (Samsung), Sony (Sony) - * 2767 * 3855 #;
- Nokia (Nokia) - * # 7370 #;
- Fly (Fly) - * 01763 * 737381 # Reset;
- Alcatel (Alcatel) - # 847 #;
- Siemens (Siemens) - * # 9999 #.
How to format a memory card on your phone
On all Android phones and tablets, a memory card is installed: it is designed to enhance the ability to save more information on devices. Flash drive adds to internal memory smartphone additional GB (from 2 to 32). Sometimes the devices start to behave incorrectly with an SD card, and then it needs to be cleaned. How to format the USB flash drive on your Android phone:
- Open the menu, select “Settings” - “Memory”. A window opens in which the drive will be displayed.
- Find the item "Memory Card" - "Clear". Some devices may have an “Eject” or “Disable” button.
- Confirm the selected action. After this procedure is completed.
Precautions before formatting Android
After you perform the formatting, all data from the device will be deleted. How to save the necessary information if the backup function on the smartphone is missing? In this case, you will need to install third-party utility which will save the required data. Download the Easy Backup or Root Uninstaller application from the Play Store. After its installation, save the information reserve on the memory card, and then remove it from the smartphone. Further you can safely carry out formatting.
How to format an Android phone through a computer
If the smartphone does not turn on, its internal memory can be cleared using a computer. Connect the device to the PC using a standard USB-cable. Next, follow the instructions for cleaning the internal memory from your smartphone, only manage using a mouse. The end result will be no different. How to format the USB flash drive on the phone using a personal computer:
- Insert the SD card into the card reader. Click "Start" - "My Computer".
- All flash drives will appear on the screen. Right-click on the desired SD icon, then select the formatting function.
- A window pops up with settings. Put a tick in front of the field “Cleaning the table of contents”. Press the "Start" button. This method Universal for SD cards of any format.
Video: how to completely format Android to factory settings
Mobile device owners sometimes wonder how you can format your phone with Android. Deleting all files is an effective tool for fixing many problems. With this cleaning, it is often possible to remove various system errors and malware.
Preparing to clean the device
Formatting may be necessary in the following cases:
- The user wants to donate or sell his Android to someone. Usually people do not want their personal information to go to third parties.
- The device owner does not like the fact that some applications run 10 minutes each or system errors occur that cannot be fixed. In such cases, formatting is the best solution.
- User forgot password to unlock screen. If other methods do not help solve the problem, you will have to perform formatting.
There are 2 main ways to format memory. If the device works relatively well and the operating system is functioning on it, then the operation will be very simple. Otherwise, you will have to delete data through the Android recovery mode, which will be a little more difficult. It must be borne in mind that before deleting data on a phone such as the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S8, you must first back up the information.
Any of the available methods for cleaning the device erases all user files. That is why before starting the process you need to make a backup copy of the files. To save information on personal computer recommended to use Android program Backup Restore.
Then you need to perform the following steps:
- After installing the program, launch it and open the Data Backup & Restore panel. Then connect the device you want to format to a computer using a USB cable.
- The user will be offered 2 options: Backup and Restore. You need to select Backup and mark on the phone the data you want to save.
- Click the Backup button after the files are selected. After some time, you will receive a notification that the backup data is completed. The program will clearly demonstrate that the files were in the right place.
Several ways to delete data
Easy formatting Android devices - reset to factory settings. This task will cope even inexperienced users. As an example, will be used samsung smartphone Galaxy S7 Edge, model number is SM-G9350, operating system version is Android 6.0.1. To format a gadget, follow these steps:
- open “Settings” on the phone;
- click " Backup and reset ”, then scroll down the screen and select“ Reset to factory settings ”;
- select the option "Reset Settings" to return the Android to its original state.
Another way to format a smartphone is recovery mode. This method will be needed when it hangs on the boot screen and cannot start the operating system. It is useful to those who forgot the password to unlock the screen. In other words, you need to format Android via recovery mode in cases where it is impossible to successfully log in and perform a reset in normal mode. The same will be used as an example. samsung phone Galaxy S7 Edge. You must perform the following steps:
- turn off the smartphone;
- simultaneously press and hold the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons;
- release all keys when the logo appears, and recovery mode will appear;
- scroll down to select the Wipe Data / Factory Reset option using the volume down key and use the power button to confirm the selection.
After the process is complete, all user information on the device will be deleted. The above manual is just an example of switching to recovery mode. In fact, all kinds of phone models use different ways enable this feature. Instructions for activating recovery mode can usually be found in the documentation for mobile device .
After formatting the phone, you can restore information from using Android Backup Restore, you only need to click the mouse button. It is enough to connect the device to the PC, select the necessary files and recover the lost data. The Android Backup Restore program allows you to create backup copies for free. This application is distinguished by its simplicity and efficiency.How can I format my phone on Android OS?
How can I format the phone with their help?
How to save the necessary information if the backup function on the smartphone is missing?